Tuesday 9 September 2014

After last week!

Dear Church 1v23,

Well that was hard work..........wasn't it. 

Community meal I mean. Last week we saw 6 family groups get together and let's be honest, it was at times chaos and felt like trying to walk uphill with a strong wind in our face.

The irony that we were discussing and reflecting on being patient on a night when everyones patience was tested made me smile.

I'm sorry for my part in that chaos. 

Afterwards I was like "arrrrr" this isn't working, what can we change, should we scrap it completely! These were unhelpful and dark thoughts. 

There are somethings we can all do to help reduce the chaos, but I think Eat123 will always have an element of the crazy about it. 

After a couple of days thinking a realised what I love about Eat123 and what we feel called to have each week.

Does some of this reflect your thoughts? Maybe we can discuss these over some washing up. 

1)I am really grateful for everyone who comes to community meal- it would be lonely without you.  
2) The only way to a nice quiet evening is to all stay in our own homes, lonely and isolated!
3) I am grateful that when I go wrong as a parent I'm not judged by my friends at Eat123.
4) I hope that Church1v23 is a place you can come if you are feeling happy or at the end of your rope.
5) Eat123 and Church1v23 are not about providing a "show" or a "club" it is about providing a place where we as families can support, love and challenge each other and change the communty we live in, starting with us.
6) I long that our children can grow up knowing how to interact and talk with others. That they can survive 2 hours without a "screen" of any sort. That they are willing to try new food and learn about different cultures. I long that our kids forgive when wronged and seek forgiveness when they have wronged. That they know what it is to be respected and show repsect, be welcomed and show welcome to others who are different. That they learn from others that they are gifted and talented. Eat123 is a safe place learn about God and have the freedom to choose to accept those beliefs if they wish too.  ( I long for us adults to be like this too and often the children are ahead of us in these things!)
 7) Eat123 is God's idea, he wants us to experience community, but it takes time to shape those communties, and often what shapes it most is the bits we find uncomfortable. I hope that those who come to eat123 can hear, learn and meet Jesus who's bizarre and loving idea,  real and honest community was.
8) I want to share Eat123 with others, I long that Eat123 grows because what we are trying to do is messy, sometimes hard work and annoying, but it is good.   

................see you on friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment