Monday 24 May 2010

Look what i'm growing


The picture will amaze some people as they can see I’ve got a veggie patch, as I’ve reflected on peoples annual attempt to grow fruit, I’ve seen some similarities between growing fruit and veg and growing a church.

I’ve cleaned the ground

But not eaten from it yet

I’ve exposed the earth

I’m still hungry

I’ve added manure,

But still nothing grows

I’ve worked to get ground ready to plant

I’ve Planted and chitted,

But still no fruit

I’ve planted seedlings and read about how they should grow!

Some have grown others haven’t

Some I really thought would take and others have surprised me.

I’ve passionately weeded and weeded anything that harm my crop,

(sometimes not sure if what I’m pulling up is what I’m meant to be growing!)

I’ve watered and tended,

(Can anyone tell me why my tomatoes have yellow on the leaves?)

I’ve panicked about late frosts; torrential rain and baking hot sun,

Still no fruit?! Still no harvest?! Still no church?!

Am I failing or doing it right?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Like most things in life perseverance is required. Keep going. John & Wendy

    ReplyDelete