Thursday 14 October 2010

Peace I give you

Ok so most people who know me know I don't usually bring peace, I usually bring noise ( amazing sense of humour & very wise insights) however in the last year I've started to see what being a person of peace in the mist of hurting and chaos can mean and I now long to share the peace of Jesus at communion ( or any other meal or setting). To be honest I've always found that moment at communion a little awkward. You talk to your mates , and people who don't really know or like you look at the ground or up to the heavens to avoid eye contact. However imagine that sharing the peace was a blessing that in the mist of hurt , pain, rejection and sadness & loneliness. You could prayer over someone and bless someone hoping the the peace of Jesus helps and comforts them in their place of pain. Now I know loads of Christians and not yets that need that prayer and need people of peace at more than just communion.

The peace of Jesus be with you.

R.



2 comments:

  1. I think part of the problem is that we just don't know how to be quiet, to contemplate, and find peace in our own lives. If we can't do it, then how can we pass it on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate, true, too true, If we cant centre ourselves of Jesus in a storm, we'll never know what it is to pass piece on.

    ReplyDelete