Saturday 4 June 2011

'mate well done'

I realised that there are people in my life for whom the only way I've been able to really connect with and talk about life to is only possible because we've moaned and been talking people down.

These people have find it hard to praise encourage and listen. People that I've gone to with a good idea are a deep question only to be dismissed or to only have a short conversation. However if I'd gone to the very same person and said, I've just been to that church and the sermon!! So bad, have you heard xxxxxxx preach?? We'd have had a twenty min passionate and animated chat putting the person/ church down. Shame . And to my shame I've become the same sort of person when people come to me.

Two weeks ago I spoke to a dad who had been meeting with different professionals all day. He'd done some really good things and made some good steps forward, but he'd not been encouraged all day, only the negative had been focused on. This I didn't know when I praised him saying ' mate well done' . He told me it changed his day.

When in the pub and other places in which the conversations are founded upon the same negative Tone I try to only run myself down or be positive, it's hard work, tiring but in the end I believe makes a difference.

If I've led you to talk too negatively about someone God loves forgive me, let's try and speak differently to the way the world does.


Lord may we lights of hope not pessimism, joy rather than despair and encouragement over unnecessary criticism and lord if I can be those positive things help me keep my mouth shut!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment