Thursday 21 June 2012

dads

Hi there, sorry it's been a while, Alison and I are spending time working out what we will continue with and what needs to be left until we have a bigger community/ team. Sorry keeping in touch has been neglected, going to try and be better ( i think i've said that before!)

Fathers day, my kids spoilt me rotten and i have an excellent dad so Father day never brings me pain or sadness. ( This year we played rugby in the back garden. Caleb, Anya and me vs Alison, her dad and Jess. Wish i could say that it was good natured game but there was one point there were three kids on the floor crying with the adults playing on!!oops). 

However on the thursday before I had breakfast with some of my mates. One is a widower of 5 kids under 13, one was a step dad for 6 and who didn't know who his own father was, another was step dad to 3 and hasn't spoken his dad for a couple of years.( 4 dads, 17 kids between us) I asked about plans for fathers day and it was not an easy conversation.  It wasn't just that there was loads of pain about my friends situations it just that there was little concept about what it would be like to know a loving male role model. 

I need to think carefully about what to do next year on fathers day in the community, but we also need your prayers. God gives us an amazing and beyond understand of what relationship and parenting is, my hope is that we see restoration of some of these relationships, but that also these men come to know what being a man of God is all about. Only God the father, son and Holy Spirit can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment