Tuesday 16 November 2010

The Funeral

Yesterday i took Terry's funeral. Thank you for all who prayed for this.

It was a very moving experience and such a privilege to be a part of it.

Obviously as Terry was only 56 there was a great Saddness for the around 350 mourners who came.

The service went well, here is some of what I said in my tribute.

""Now I don’t fully understand why people who are so clearly loved by so many are taken early, I question God about it myself. Brooke in child like faith has asked God to look after her Grandad. I can’t speak for God, but I would say to Brooke and to all of us, that as a follower of Jesus, the Jesus I read about in the bible and know would be found in pubs like the pomps and Jesus as a hard working carpenter would have many stories to share with a hard working and faithful man like Terry.

The reading Steve read talks about the hope that we can have that because Jesus Died and rose again for us a time is coming when God will take all pain and suffering and will look after those who want looking after.

And for those of us who do have tears and pain now God offers his comfort, support and looking after as we who are left mourn Terrys Passing.""

I have never seen so many flower tributes ( all in the Spurs colours)

Please continue to pray for what comes next, many people were encouraging afterwards.

R.



No comments:

Post a Comment